1. The word Hirer includes all members of the party.
2. The cottage is normally ready by 3pm.
3. Checkout time is 10am. Please leave the property clean and tidy, as on arrival.
4. Should you wish to make a provisional booking (postal or online) we will hold your accommodation available for seven days upon confirmation. All such provisional bookings will be deemed cancelled unless your deposit is not received within this period.
5. A deposit of £200 per week booked payable at the time of booking is required (this will be refunded if we can not accept your booking). The balance of the total rent is due 6 weeks prior to commencement of the letting period booked (reminders are not sent out). If booking is less than 8 weeks in advance the total payment is payable at time of booking.
6. Upon payment of the deposit and subject to acceptance of the booking the applicant becomes liable for the balance of the letting fee for the full period of the letting.
7. Non payment of the balance of the letting fee payable in advance as provided above on or before the due date shall be deemed to be a cancellation of the arrangements of the applicant.
8. Payments can be made by cheque (payable to Shirley Simcock) or cash.
9. The Owners regret that once the deposit or the full letting fee has been paid they will be unable to refund any monies and therefore strongly recommend that a cancellation insurance policy is taken out with an independent agent.
10. The Owners give all information and make all statements in good faith and use their best endeavour to check, as far as is reasonably possible, all information given to the applicants. The Owners shall not however, in any event, be liable for any damage or loss resulting from information given or statements made whether orally or in writing.
11. The number of people occupying the cottage must not exceed the maximum number stated (7 people) in the property description (children under 2 are not normally considered as members of the party).
12. The Hirer undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the letting (reasonable wear and tear accepted) and shall report and pay the Owners the value of any part so destroyed or damaged as to be incapable of being restored to its former condition.
13. The Hirer agrees:
a. to be responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and clean condition, otherwise a cleaning charge will be levied.
b. not to cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of nearby homes.
c. to allow reasonable access to the property by the Owners or representative if it is deemed necessary.
14. If in the opinion of the Owners any person is not suitable to continue their occupancy of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the Hirer may be discharged and the Owners may repossess the property immediately. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund shall be due.
15. The Hirer must pay the Owners before or upon departure for any items not included within the hire cost.
16. Animals are not allowed, an exception is made for guide dogs.
17. Complaints. If in the opinion of the Hirer there are grounds for complaint, it is the duty of the Hirer to take it up with the Owners or representative immediately and in any event before departure to allow remedial action to be taken. It is specifically agreed that failure by the Hirer to notify the Owners of any complaint within this timescale, will entitle the Owners to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of its merits.
18. The cottage is used as holiday accommodation and therefore exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act. The Owners shall be under no liability for any act, neglect or default from any loss, damage, expense, accident, injury or inconvenience whether to persons or to property which the applicant or any other persons may suffer or sustain out of any such letting.
19. The Owners responsibility and financial liability shall be limited to the return of monies received in the event of accommodation, booked in good faith, not being available owing to storm, fire or other causes beyond their control.
20. Completion of the booking form implies acceptance of the requirements, terms and conditions.